Apparently, the cold season is upon us. Wish someone would have told us before this weekend. Last Tuesday, after soccer, Ty started getting a sore throat and a runny nose. It has been getting worse ever since. On Friday after class, we were excited to come home, eat supper, and relax. When I was a little girl and was sick at home, my dad used to bring the futon cushion in front of the T.V. That is exactly what we did. We Played sequence and watched "what would you do?" on our bed in the Living room. Then the NyQuil kicked in and Ty was out. Needless to say, we slept in.
Saturday, my parents and sisters (Tay and Lyssa) came up to the cities and we went to Brugger's Bagels where we met my Aunt Martha. Then it was off to the Mall of America. It took almost an hour to get into the Mall...this is the second time this happened. We will not be going to MOA until after all the Holiday sales are over. We spent some time shopping and eventually the crowd was too much and we headed to find some food and then the family left. We headed off to hear a dear friend, Anna Johnson http://www.myspace.com/annajohnsonmusic play at a Dunn Brothers in Oakdale. It was good to see people from Chippewa when we were so far from home. We were going to do homework, but we decided to play 2 games of scrabble while we listened instead. I lost twice...no good.
It was another NyQuil night and then off to bed. Sadly, when I woke up, I was sick too. We spent the day watching football, napping and lounging in jammies. It was not a day to go outside. We got free sun-dried tomato bagels at Brugger's and made pizza bagels for lunch. Then when 9pm rolled around it was time for NyQuil and bed. That was our weekend in River Falls.
Spanish Phrase of the Day
Necesito jarabe para la toz porque he cogido un resfriado
I need some cough syrup because I caught a cold

No comments:
Post a Comment