Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Día de acción de gracias (Thanksgiving day!)

Well, the school week is winding down, but it isn't over yet. Tomorrow is another day of class, but my professor was nice enough to cancel my 2pm-3pm class...however, my 5-7:30pm professor was not as generous. We are having class and if the roads aren't too terrible after that, we will be headed home for Thanksgiving. What a great holiday, lots of food, family and a break from school. I thought today I would show what we are thankful for!

Sisters/in-law (hermanas, cuñadas)
Mom/in-law and Dad/in-law (madre/suegra, padre/suegro)
Sister (hermana) and Brother-in-law (cuñada)
Sister/in-law (hermana/cuñada), bother-in-law (cuñado), and niece(sobrina)

Mom/in-law, Dad/in-law (madre/suegra, padre/suegro)
Brother-in-law, sister/in-law, nephews (cuñado, hermana/cuñada, sobrinos)
brother/in-law(hermano, cuñado)
Mia, the little dog (la perrita)
There are many other things that we are thankful for, but I do not have pictures for all of them. We are thankful for friends and for all of you who are reading this blog. Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Feliz Día de acción de gracias!

Spanish Phrase of the Day
Da gracias por todas las bendiciones de Dios.
Translation: Give thanks for all God's blessings

No comments: