People always say, "Children grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute." I never really believed them. I can remember my mom saying, "It seems like yesterday you were a baby. What happened?" Now, I can see why they say that. Just two months ago Eli weighed 5lbs 11oz. At his last check up he was 11lbs 7oz and had grown two and a half inches. His feet have started to hang off my lap when I hold him. He is so interactive and alert. He is soaking up every little thing including food. He now smiles and laughs and plays with us while we hold him. Although I miss the days when it was easy to get him to nap, I am enjoying every moment I have with him awake. Today, he rolled over for the first time. I couldn't believe it! He is growing up so fast I feel like if I blink I will miss it.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Rolling with the Changes
Over the last year, we have had some significant changes in our family. We have lost a great man, who we were finally able to bury this weekend, but where we lost my grandpa we gained Judah and Elias. Of course there were the weddings, two in less than seven months. My parents are officially empty nesters and grandparents. Who would have thought that a year would bring so much change?
People always say, "Children grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute." I never really believed them. I can remember my mom saying, "It seems like yesterday you were a baby. What happened?" Now, I can see why they say that. Just two months ago Eli weighed 5lbs 11oz. At his last check up he was 11lbs 7oz and had grown two and a half inches. His feet have started to hang off my lap when I hold him. He is so interactive and alert. He is soaking up every little thing including food. He now smiles and laughs and plays with us while we hold him. Although I miss the days when it was easy to get him to nap, I am enjoying every moment I have with him awake. Today, he rolled over for the first time. I couldn't believe it! He is growing up so fast I feel like if I blink I will miss it.
People always say, "Children grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute." I never really believed them. I can remember my mom saying, "It seems like yesterday you were a baby. What happened?" Now, I can see why they say that. Just two months ago Eli weighed 5lbs 11oz. At his last check up he was 11lbs 7oz and had grown two and a half inches. His feet have started to hang off my lap when I hold him. He is so interactive and alert. He is soaking up every little thing including food. He now smiles and laughs and plays with us while we hold him. Although I miss the days when it was easy to get him to nap, I am enjoying every moment I have with him awake. Today, he rolled over for the first time. I couldn't believe it! He is growing up so fast I feel like if I blink I will miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment