Well, the last 24 hours has been very busy. Instead of my parents making the trip to Milwaukee and going to work tired Monday morning, I said I would take Lyss back and make a sister trip of it. We headed out around 3pm and arrived around 6:30pm to get Britt. Since my birthday is not far away, we thought we would celebrate it while we were all together. We tried a new restaurant called Ethiopian Cottage. It was excellent. Alyssa had wanted to try it. We were able to experience the food from another country which just happens to be close to our hearts (our niece Annie was adopted from Ethiopia).
After a taste of Ethiopia, it was time for a reminder of dorm life. It was interesting to come back and try it again. I watched a movie while Alyssa finished some homework then, we drifted off to the sound of the fan diffusing the hall noise. In the morning, Alyssa had class at 8am. So she walked me to the library where I waited for Brittany to come and get me for coffee.
I sat for about 20 minutes looking like a homeless person with my sleeping bag, pillow, and backpack in tow. When Britt arrived, we stopped off at Alterra Coffee to get a special gift for Matt and Brooke and then Britt showed me around town and where the house they had bought was. Then, it was off to her apartment where we made scones and chatted while drinking coffee.
After an hour or so it was time to make the dreaded trip back. Four hours in the car ALONE!!!!! Ok, so maybe it wasn't all bad, I did stop and do a little shopping at the outlet mall on the way home. Hey, a girl's gotta stretch her legs doesn't she!? Finally, almost exactly 24 hours after leaving for Milwaukee, I was home. It was a long trip, I felt like I had been to infinity and beyond, but it was worth the trip! Love you sisters. Thanks for a great 24 hours!
Spanish Phrase of the Day
¡A infinito y más allá!
Translation: To infinity and beyond
(for all you Toy Story Fans out there)

No comments:
Post a Comment